The Council has released this update:
Shooting outside Falcon Rd Mosque 14.9.11
Police were called at approx 2145hrs on Wednesday, 14 September to reports of shots fired in Falcon Road, SW11.
Police officers and London Ambulance Service attended the area and discovered two men suffering gunshot wounds.
· Victim 1 – a man aged in his 40s, was taken to a south London hospital suffering injuries to the legs. His injuries are not life threatening (appears to be an innocent bystander).
· Victim 2 – a man aged 19, was taken to a separate south London hospital suffering gunshot wounds to the chest. His injuries are not life threatening. At this time the evidence indicates that this crime:
· Was not related to the Mosque;
· Was not a deliberate assault on a person attending the mosque, and
· The motive for the assaults was not based on any faith or race matters.
Local Wandsworth Police Officers are working with the management team at Falcon Road Mosque to ensure they are kept appraised of the investigation and to help with arrangements for prayer etc.
Officers from Operation Trident are leading the investigation and may be contacted on 020 8785 8580 or you can telephone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you have any information for the police.
One local resident told me: “My sister who works at the youth club on Falcon Road was working at the centre at the time heard four gun shots also has had her car kept by the police as it’s evidence in the crime scene.
“We don’t know how long before they release the car. That doesn’t matter but the sad fact is we are getting incidents like this in Battersea where gun crime is rising. We’ve had the riots now this.”