At last week’s Wandsworth Council meeting Tory councillor Jonathan Cook accused the Labour Party of scaremongering by spreading “deeply, deeply irresponsible” rumours that Lavender Hill Police Station was under threat.
The below video shows cllr Cook’s accusations and Labour Leader Rex Osborn’s response: the official document that proves Lavender Hill has already, in principle, been lined up for sale in the next year.
Police cordon off York Gardens after a shooting
Guest post from David Chinchen, Chief Superintendent, Wandsworth Borough Commander
The Neighbourhood Link broadcast system has been adopted by the Metropolitan Police Servce to increase our capability to keep people informed regarding services, crime issues and policing operations. The system allows the transmission of messages by e-mail, voice, fax and/or text to those registered to receive such communications.
Full details of the service together with instructions on how to register are available at the following web address: Continue reading
The crime scene, Fowler Close
A young man was shot and wounded in York Gardens on the Winstanley Estate on Thursday at around 2.15pm. Information from the council says the victim is in a stable condition – his injuries are not believed to be life threatening (although the Wandsworth Guardian reports he is “in critical condition”). Other information:
- Trident has taken on the investigation and enquiries are ongoing to trace and arrest the suspect(s)
- Police will be undertaking re-assurance patrols throughout the weekend
- Weapon sweeps will be undertaken in the local area
- Much of the area – including York Gardens Library was taped off as part of the crime scene all afternoon
- Police are looking for two suspects who were seen on a black motorcycle prior to the shooting. Witnesses saw the motorcycle made off along Plough Road, turning left into York Road.
- Anyone with information or witnesses are asked to call the incident room on 0208 785 8589 or anonymously on Crimestoppers 0800 555 111. Continue reading
MOBILE PHONE STREET CRIME
Within four days last week there were four separate instances of mobile phones being snatched by teenage boys in Latchmere. The incidents took place in York Road, Plough Road and Blondel Street. There were two more phone thefts on Battersea Park Road, in Queenstown, during the same few days.
Please take extra care when talking your mobile in public in these areas – the thieves may still be at large.
Several residents have been in touch about the dreadful news that three men were shot on the Winstanley Estate yesterday. Here are the details I have:
The Council has released this update:
Shooting outside Falcon Rd Mosque 14.9.11
Police were called at approx 2145hrs on Wednesday, 14 September to reports of shots fired in Falcon Road, SW11.
Police officers and London Ambulance Service attended the area and discovered two men suffering gunshot wounds. Continue reading